What Makes Wall Street Institute Different?
Wall Street Institute understands that every person learns a language differently and at their own pace. Unlike traditional schools that only teach grammar out of a book, we teach people how to understand and speak English. Through our unique Wall Street Institute Method, students listen, read, write, speak, and practice their English in a fully immersive English-only environment, which helps them achieve a deeper understanding of the language.
Wall Street Institute offers:
- Unlike traditional schools that have set schedules, Wall Street Institute students can start learning English at any time of the year.
- Classes are offered many times throughout the week and missed classes can be made up – you never need to worry about missing a class.
- Students learn at their own pace.
- Our centers are open on evenings and weekends to accommodate busy schedules.
- Students can access their lessons through the internet 24 hours a day, seven days a week wherever the internet is available through our English Anytime® program.
- Wall Street Institute core classes have an average of 3 students who are all at the same learning level.
- From the moment you walk through the door, students are immersed in English. Our teachers are from English speaking countries such as the UK, the United States, Australia, Ireland, Canada, and South Africa, helping students develop a better understanding of pronunciation and conversation skills.
- Each center has a Social Club that offers fun ways for students to further immerse themselves in English. English books, magazines, and videos are available, and students can participate in group activities organized both inside and outside the Center, such as movie night or game night. Only English is spoken at Social Club activities – you learn while you are having fun!
- The Wall Street Institute Method has been used for over 35 years.
- In a study conducted with the support of University of Cambridge ESOL, Wall Street Institute has successfully proven that its English language courses are aligned to the globally recognized and respected Common European Framework Reference for Languages (CEFR) English Proficiency Scales. The statistical equivalencies can be found here.
- Wall Street Institute is among the select few English instruction providers that is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
- Wall Street Institute offers a one–of–a–kind virtual community called The Village where students can practice their English language skills through playing entertaining games, completing activities, and chatting and sharing their experiences with other students from around the world. View a demo of The Village.
How do you get started?
Wall Street Institute offers 20 different levels of coursework ranging from complete beginner to highly advanced English. These levels are grouped into learning “Stages”. Students take an assessment test to determine their current understanding of English, ensuring proper placement in the course. Students progress through the levels to achieve their personal English goals.
The content and exercises in the Survival stage provide students with the basic framework for recognizing and using basic vocabulary and typical expressions.
Students will learn to express themselves in everyday situations to accomplish basic tasks such as self–introduction and asking for directions. With WaystagePro, students are introduced to basic administrative and managerial skills ranging from proper professional phone etiquette to making simple presentations.
At this stage, students can hold a conversation with a good degree of fluency, read simple technical documents, and write short business reports. UpperWaystagePro teaches skills that range from handling important calls in the manager's absence to learning recruiting and interviewing techniques for managerial staff.
At the Threshold stage, student can converse with a high degree of fluency and are able to comprehend complex ideas expressed in English. With ThresholdPro, students are challenged with executive-level complexities ranging from cross-cultural conflict resolution to discussing a company's brand and marketing strategy.
At this stage, students reinforce their English proficiency through dialogues, role–plays, and readings designed to expand vocabulary and introduce new sentence structures.
This stage ensures students continue to improve their fluency and master complex expressions. Students will understand and participate in meetings with advanced English speakers.
Visit The Village. Our Global Online Community.
For more information on learning English at Wall Street Institute or to schedule a tour of one of our centers, please select a country from the menu below: